About Redis Modules

Modules are add-ons to Redis which extend its functionality.

Redis Modules are great providing encapsulated functional add-ons.

1 Like

The Redis modules are very practical using the Docker container, for me it has been a rewarding and learning experience the handling of modules and commands.

One of the modules that I like the most is Json since it allows to store, update and retrieve values. Another interesting part is the manipulation of matrices with subsets

1 Like

I am very interested in the API of the Redis modules, within the introduction to the modules you can start a comprehensive learning of Redis4.0 for example. There are other APIs that have the function of blocking the client without blocking Redis, within which tasks can be executed in other threads.

1 Like

What did you think of the difference between Bloom and Cuckoo?

for example, bloom have a better performance when inserting new elements, while Cuckos are faster in verification operations and allow deletions.

it is interesting to enter the client library and see the different types of drivers and documentation

With Redis modules you can adapt the database to our data instead of being the opposite, with the modules we can acquire any functionality with high performance.

modules are processed in memory directly and can be created by any user, it is a matter of putting into practice the different modules and commands to store data with great flexibility and safe processing

I am very interested in the API of the Redis modules, within the introduction to the modules you can start a comprehensive learning of Redis4.0 for example. There are other APIs that have the function of blocking the client without blocking Redis, within which tasks can be executed in other threads.

The practical thing about Redis is that it adapts to most cases to work in any business.

The redis and Redis modules complement each other to process and provide, the high performance, scalability and high availability of redis.

Another point in favor of the Redis modules is the automatic memory activation, this great feature is the one that manages the resources and memory during the life cycle of the controller.8

1 Like

Redis is innovating with its work modules, for example RedisGraph, it is the first graphics database with queryable properties that uses the Cypher language, within the graph there are elements such as:

-Entity
-Path
-Token
-Property

1 Like

RedisML: This machine learning server implements various models as Redis data types, these stored models are fully operational and support the prediction and evaluation process.

RedisML is a turnkey solution for using models in a production environment.

main features:

-Classification and regression of decision tree sets
-Linear regression
-Logistic regression
-Matrix operations

The first module I tested was RedisBloom which, as the documentation says, provides four data types, a scalable Bloom Filter and a Cuckoo filter, a Count-Mins sketch, and a Top-K.

bloom filters: determine if an article is present or absent.

Count-Mins: approximates the count of elements in sub-linear space.

Top-K: keeps a list of the most frequent K elements active.

Bloom filters have better performance and scalability, and cuckoo filters are quick in verification operations and at the same time allow eliminations.

It seems that more informatin about modules can be found at https://redis.io/modules