FT.AGGREGATE query matches no results

Hello,
I am seeing this error when issuing an FT.AGGREGATE that returns no results, FT.SEARCH on the other hand just returns 0.

Is returning this error the the desired behavior, and is there a way to have FT.AGGREGATE also return 0? I am using version 1.4.2

Thank you,

Paul

Currently this is the API we provide, we are working on combining FT.SEARCH and FT.AGGREGATE to a single command and then we might consider changing it.

Hello,

Is there any plan where would this merge be available? I am very interested in having one command to support both functionalities.

I have seen also this github issues https://github.com/RediSearch/RediSearch/issues/689.

For now playing with 1.6.10, i am a little confused about what is supported from each command? Documentation is not that clear.

Τη Δευτέρα, 13 Μαΐου 2019 - 9:47:05 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Meir Shpilraien έγραψε:

Hi,

The documentation is up to date and reflects which features are currently supported. We’re working on versioned documentation to make it even more clear, but right now the docs reflect best the 1.6 release.

With supported, we mean that we have the tests in place to avoid regression, the correctness of execution, take this API up in performance tests etc…

One of the major items we tackled when developing 1.6 was unifying the code between FT.AGGREGATE and FT.SEARCH to be better maintainable. As a consequence, certain functionality that is not documented - and hence not supported - got exposed. They are some of those unsupported easter eggs and we recommend not using them since

1. we don’t know if they are working correctly

2. we can’t guarantee that we will maintain this “hidden” API in future release.

That said. We do still envision to unify the two API’s, albeit we can’t commit on a timeline yet.

If you have a specific question on how to solve your specific search query, we’re more than happy to help, but I suggest to move that to another thread.

Pieter

Thank you very much. Your answer was more than enough!

Τη Κυριακή, 29 Μαρτίου 2020 - 1:56:15 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Pieter Cailliau έγραψε: